This comic is so perfect
IM LAUGHING BC HTE TITLE IS A REFERENCE TO AN ACTUAL SHORT STORY
I FUCKING LOVED THAT SHORT STORY IT WAS THE FUCKING SHIT
basically, anyone reading this knows that tumblr + studying = difficult. we’re all procrastinators. so i thought i’d share my favorite ways to crack down, not suck, and make it through finals week. you’ll need
- this or this. it’ll whip your ass into gear. you name a list of websites that distract you, set a timer, and bam. no more hour long study breaks. the best - or worst - part is, it can’t be undone by the application, by deleting the application, or by restarting the computer. you just gotta wait, and if you’re going to wait, you may as well study.
- goals. when you sit down to study, write down everything you’re going to do. then do it. aimlessly staring at your books won’t do shit.
- something to listen to. i suggest movie scores, song covers by the vitamin string quartet, or white noise.
- a queue. if you’re really obsessed with keeping your blog up to date, set aside some time, fatten up your queue, and let your blog run itself for a few days.
- breaks. during your breaks, dance, run around, work out, go for a walk, talk to your friends, call your mom. going back on the internet is an easy way to get out of the mood, so i wouldn’t suggest it.
- tea and coffee - if not for the caffeine, then for the feeling of cozying up with your text books and feeling studious.
- a place to study. it doesn’t matter if it’s in a coffee house, a library, or your kitchen table. as long as your bed’s not in sight and tempting you into a nap, you’re good.
that’s all i’ve got. i’d try to think of more, but that, my friends, would be procrastinating. off to study.
bringing this back because IT’S THAT TIME AGAIN
That’s what I need
netflix knows what’s up
Reasons why you should watch Troll 2: most ridiculous (safe for work) sex scene in the history of everything
i love this photoset because if you’ve never seen troll 2 you’re probably wondering what the hell the context is but really there isn’t any. this lady just goes into this guy’s trailer to seduce him and there’s popcorn everywhere with no explanation
I HAD NEVER EVEN CONSIDERED HOW MUCH I WANTED THIS TO BE A GIF SET
I just love how she like walks in and she’s got an ear of corn… and automatically you start thinking of all the things she might want to do with that ear of corn
and she proceeds to do none of them
I haven’t seen Troll 2 so I can’t comment of filmmakers intent really but this scene is pretty smart.
Back in the day when there were moral codes that had to be followed by filmmakers you couldn’t show sex and stuff of that sort so you had to get creative.
One of the more well known instances of this was a couple was getting frisky on a train and right before they really get going the train enters a tunnel.
You know…like…a penis…entering a vagina.
Champagne bottles being opened were also used a lot. That shouldn’t really be all that surprising though.
I imagine the popcorn in this scene is meant to satirize this practice.
Popcorn = Sex
I mean, I definitely won’t discount your film knowledge, and honestly it would be nice to know that there was thought that went into this scene.
Because if you saw this movie you would know that most of it is laughably bad seriously have you not seen this move Eric because if not I have a play date idea.
The Time of the Doctor - PROMO STILLS
So, yes, for the fucking love of God, movies matter. TV shows matter. Novels matter. They shape the lens through which you see the world. The very fact that you don’t think they matter, that even right now you’re still resisting the idea, is what makes all of this so dangerous to you — you watch movies so you can turn off your brain and let your guard down. But while your guard is down, you’re letting them jack directly into that part of your brain that creates your mythology. If you think about it, it’s an awesome responsibility on the part of the storyteller. And you’re comfortable handing that responsibility over to Michael Bay.
AKA Why Representation Matters.
Hogwarts school of witchcraft and wizardry's yearbook;(1977 - 1978)
geeettttt outta here.
HOW do you people even MANAGE THIS
Dogma (1999) - It Can Be Hell Getting Into Heaven
-So for their insolence God decreed that neither Loki nor Bartleby would ever be allowed back into Paradise.
-Were they sent to hell?
All that is missing is a Z snap of fabulous ownage.